Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Rooftop Sunbathing

Archie
I'm not quite sure how they're doing it. I give the cats their breakfast, turn my back, and before I know it I hear a meow from up high and one or more of them is looking down at me from on the roof! Yesterday it was Archie. He strolled across to the chimney stack and sat there looking very pleased with himself. Within another two minutes he was back on the ground. Considering how tall the roof of my house is, and its an unusual house at that, I was wondering how he'd managed it. He certainly hadn't climbed a tree and gone from the outside anyway.

I'd forgotten about yesterday's event until just. I'd given the cats their breakfast, nipped to check the post, and this time it was Roux I heard meowing up on the roof. Only unlike Archie, hers wasn't a boastful look what I've managed to do meow, but a help, I'm stuck up here kind of meow.
Roux
Fortunately there is a safety measure for cats getting stuck on the rook here. A window from one of the bathrooms looks out over a section of the roof and going to it, I opened it up and called out to her. She came running like a lamb who'd heard her mother bleat! She's back on the ground now, happy and purring, but I wonder how long it'll be before she's tempted to follow Archie back up onto the roof again!


Love cat stories? Click here to start reading the beginning of The True Story of a Not So Crazy Cat Lady by Catherine Walker!

No comments:

Post a Comment