Pages

Thursday 26 February 2015

Growing Up

I currently have 3 male cats in residence here and their names are Archie, Teddy and Hercules. All being related they grew up together as kittens and I have many a photo of them playing. They are very cute little fellas who are very well behaved...when I'm around that is!
This morning I rushed into the garden to find two of them having a pop at one another, surrounded by a shower of white fluff. I know they're trying to fight it out and prove who's top cat but I don't like to hear them growl and hiss. As usual when this happens they slink off when I appear, both looking at me as they cower back as though to say 'he started it, not me!' I stand in between them feeling like a mother scolding her children or a teacher in the playground. They certainly got the girl's attention who gather round and look on, wondering what all the fuss is about.
Pretty soon everything is back to normal and the boys can even stand to eat from the same bowl, as long as I'm there to keep the peace! I look back at those photos of them as kittens and think it a shame that they no longer get on as they did back then, but I suppose boys will be boys and growing up changes us all.

Catherine Walker is the author of The True Story of a Not So Crazy Cat Lady available now in paperback and eBook!

The boys as kittens playing in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment